Ymrje's Testimony

Ymrje or Mera as we mostly call her was one of the girls who lived with Kim and I before when we were here in 2007. Since then I have seen her grow a lot in the Lord in her boldness and openness to the work of His holy spirit in her life. I was kinda laughing as I compared the two testimonies because Hana is one to talk and talk and talk but Mera isn't. She would be sitting there all quiet and we would say..'Hey say something." And she would say "Ok ask me something." I remember telling her "I want to learn Albanian just so I can speak with you!" I am praising God that now I understood her enough to sit here and translate her testimony so you all could enjoy it. The thing is as shy as she is the more I understand her the funnier she is!! HAHAHAH!!! She has such a soft heart that feels with others when they hurt. She was the one to follow her cousin home that day from school to find her on the floor in the bathroom after having tried to kill herself. I think God used that as a turning point for her in the seriousness of her walk with him. She is a great blessing to me with the gift of helps or as I cold say the gift of CLEANING!As well as she has remained faithful in serving in the kids ministry since we left in 2007. I will miss her when she is at school!
Anyway hope you enjoy this testimony and again if God moves on your heart to help her go to the school in Erseka contact me. The total price is $650 for the 6 month program along with travel. But praise the Lord someone has already donated $200. It may seem strange that we are asking for help with her when she is with Anthony but understand that his price as an American is $6000 for the 6 month program. It is normal for schools in poorer areas to depend on the foreigners to subsidize the national students. If you want to check out the school here is the website

http://www.torchbearers-albania.org/english/index.html

Zoti ju bekoft! God bless!
Jen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was 15 people came in my village to show the Jesus film. I cried when I saw what happened to Jesus and I believed then that it was a true story. After that film my cousin Alban, who was translating for the film project, gave me a Bible. During that time my Dad was dying of cancer. I didn’t know what to do as a Christian and had seen Catholics do the sign of the cross. So when my Dad would sleep at night I would make that sign and read my Bible from the light of the moon and pray. Later there was an American couple that moved into my village. Rachel used to have meetings for us that I would go to. During that time my Father had just died of Cancer and I didn’t have many good friendships. For that Rachel was a big blessing for me. From that time I was a believer. After Jeff & Rachel left to go back to America I went to the church in nearby in the town of Malisheve where Rachel’s father was pastor. In my family there is my Mother, four boys and including me three girls. Two of my brothers are also Christian. I hope that my whole family will come to know Jesus someday. My family knows I am a Christian but my Mom thinks I am Catholic. Many people here don’t know what is difference between Christian and Catholic.
God has done everything good for me in my life. Now I serve in the kid’s meeting at my church because I love kids! It is a blessing that I am not with a boy who is not a Christian. God has given me Anthony who I met here when he came to Malisheve to help in the church and the schools. It is amazing that he doesn’t speak my language well and I don’t speak his language well but it is the work of God. I am happy to go to the Bible school in Erseka to learn more about the word of God, and to be growing together with Anthony in this.



This is my favorite verse to read when I am without hope or discouraged.

Romans 8:31-39 “What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died-more than that, who was raised to life-is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”



(Mera with Hana at today's puppet training)

Comments

L Hansen said…
Hey Jen keep up the good work you are doing there. I pray that the Lord continues to use you to encourage many more!
Larry

Popular Posts