Hey Y'all

It has been an eventful summer serving here in Texas.  It has been a privileged to have this sweet time with my family as well as meeting a bunch of new family in Christ.
$10 pool = hours of fun in 100 degree weather =good idea!

I was able to spend time with my nieces and nephews keeping them out of my sis-in-laws hair.  We did art projects and went for scenic drives around Waco playing Car games.  Gabriel my nephew who is more severely Autistic loves car rides and as I was not able to manage all 4 kids out in public we would go to McDonalds get a vanilla cone and drive around the pretty places in our neighborhood playing car games and singing songs. 
Art class in Auntie Jen's shed-paper mache bowls that Lily decided was better used as a hat
Dress up time!
1st smores ever! Sticky bliss!
 I was also able to be here to watch the kids while my brother an sister attended a marriage conference in Dallas.  Please continue to keep this family in prayer.  The stress that families with special needs go through is very high and especially effects the marriage. I just read this comment on a site about families with special need children. "The statistics show a bleak picture when it comes to marriages of parents of special needs children. Experts estimate that nearly 80% of these marriages fail. Eighty percent!"  My brother and his wife have two sons with Autism Gabriel being more sever of the two. Please pray that as they are getting services that they would be granted with a compassionate case worker as well as that they would take advantage support that is available through a local non-profit for families with Autistic children.




While here in Texas I have had the blessing of meeting two new church families at Calvary Chapel Rock Harvest and Calvary Chapel Waco.  CCRock Harvest is one of my good friends (Lindsey Cuen) church home.  I was able to have some time of rest whilst staying with her and her Pastors family the Ferringtons.  While I was there I also did some murals for their children's ministry classrooms.  As I write this their beautiful 4 year old little daughter Faith who is special needs is sitting on my lap listening to youtube kids songs saying "Jen, Jen Ferrington".  Yes indeed the family of Christ.
Enjoying Albanian food with the Ferrington House minus the parents
Helping Lindsey in her preschool class at church


Jesus calms the storm
Our Good Shepherd
Jesus and the children
At calvary Waco I met another Lyndsey and we became fast friends pretty quick over our passion for kids ministry.  It turns out that she was in need of a VBS curriculum and I had one stewing in my brain so The Kingdom Code VBS was born.  CC Waco had never done a VBS but it was so wonderful to see the workers successfully pull off what I had dreamt up on paper.  I am not sure who had more fun, us or the kids.  I already have ideas stewing for next years VBS which I hope to be able to at least send them if no come back to help with next summer.  I am so thankful for the people at CC Waco who have lovingly embraced my family and who are reaching out with God's love to their community.
Every evening started with a free dinner
Then worship!
Blind knights challenge teaching the kids to look out for one another

By the time many of you read this I will already be back in California.  I fly back to Kosovo September 14th.  I hope to be able to visit with y'all before I go.  My cell number is 951-970-2249.  Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.  I hope to be able to hang out before I leave.
Zoti ju bekofte!
Jen




Praise Reports
-Sweet time with Family
-The Kingdom Code VBS was awesome!
-Meeting new family in Christ!
-Back in Kosova Bisera is preparing to go to Bible school just like her sister Hana did. Stay tuned for more info on that
-Hana & Ymria are wrapping up their summer of service at the Bible School which has paid off last semesters tuition as well as given them some awesome ministry training


Prayer Requests
-My brother Michael & his family
-More supporters to join the adventure
-Provision for Bisera's schooling
-The Harvey's are here on furlough too. Please pray for a refreshing time for them as well
-Wrapping up the details like documents for new Visa requirements as well as Eye exam and new glasses etc.
-Accommodations & transportation for this last month of stay



Comments

Popular Posts