No substitutions

For the recipe go  here
   Hurray for Fall!  It is upon us!  The season of sweaters, rainy days, scarves, baking yummy smelling things and soup!  The other day I was making a lovely creamy chicken soup and thought to myself, “Drop biscuits!” It was one of those childhood taste flashbacks and it prompted me to look for a recipe online.  They came out of the oven so buttery and
golden brown. Biting into the warm fluffy masterpiece I suddenly tasted...yuk!  Something had gone amuck.  I was thoroughly confused.  How could they look so lovely and smell so yummy but taste so bitter.  I had chosen a Pioneer Woman recipe which if you have heard of her (Ree Drummond) you know her stuff is
delicious and fool proof.  Well except for this fool who accidentally substituted baking soda for baking powder.
   How many times do we try to bargain with God and make substitutions in our lives only for things to go horribly wrong.  “God I know you asked me to do this but I’m gonna do this instead.  It’s almost the same thing.”  “God I know that you promised me this in your timing but I’d rather have this other thing instead now.” We may be able to make our lives look good and even smell good but once someone gets a real taste of us they will know something is amuck.  His way is the best way.  Don’t try to substitute your own ingredients.  He is the master baker and knows what He is doing.  Trust Him, follow His recipe for the right outcome.


Comments

Popular Posts