Its October 1st and I am still in Kosovo!!!

Hey all,

On Wednesday I didn't have the funds to stay here and I read that morning about the woman with the alabaster box of oil who broke it in worship over Jesus' feet. That oil would have been her dowry and it impressed me that she had broken or sacrificed her hopes (of marriage) in worship to Jesus. Right then and there I prayed the words to a song we had been singing a lot in church this summer...All my hopes and dreams are in your hands...it is only in your will that I am free. After that I went to check my email and for whatever reason checked my bank account. I was amazed to find enough to stay and change my ticket! Wow...it was crazy bringing Norma and Kim to the airport Friday and not leaving with them! The Lord has provided what I need for about half of my time here and I totally have peace that this is where He wants me...It is only in His will that I am free!

This next month I will be teaching 2 classes here in the English school in Malisheve with Shpetim Tuesdays Wednesdays & Thursdays. Next month I will be taking over Lycia's classes here in Malisheve as well as her Tuesday and Thursday classes in Fush Kosove which is about 45 min away. I am really loving getting back into teaching English. We are continuing to improve what we are doing here. I am trying to help get some more administrative structure in place and Shpetim is spending most of this month advertising. We will probably be starting another class for some working girls from town. It is interesting because these girls came to us asking for an evening class and they work right below another popular English school in town! Our students have even been known to correct the English teachers in their public schools! Ha! Praise God! The vision is to build a good reputation of excellence in various of places in Kosovo so that we are a good witness that way. Also we want to build relationships with our students that hopefully lead to questions that hopefully lead to Christ! Also there is a possible opportunity for me to start my own school in a local village that has been asking for one. Please keep this in your prayers. If that were to happen it could most likely cover all the costs I need to live here indefinitely.

I am still staying with Randy and Lycia but Lord willing will be moving to my own place soon so as to have more freedom to have people over and to give Randy and Lycia their space. Please be praying for this. We have some leads on some places but nothing for sure yet.

Many of you remember Sheria, she was the girl who tried to kill herself last spring when we where here before. She was attending school this month but they had yet to register her so we have been praying and finally she got the OK from the director last week! Yaye! Friday night she asked for prayer for herself and the other students to do well in school. It so awesome to see her progressing in the Lord!

Please be praying for Arbnora (she was my Albanian teacher last spring and lived with us) she has interviewed for a great bank job here in town and is waiting to hear about the results.

Shpresa, Burim, Arbnora and Xhemile's sister just left yesterday for Bible College in Erskea Albania (where Cindy Arnhold was serving). That is a total praise report. She has hardly ever left her village so she will need a lot of pray in adjusting to being so far from home. I am excited to see her go there and I know God is going to do a big work in her heart there.

Sorry no pictures, I have no camera at the moment but hopefully will be borrowing one soon :o)
Thank you guys heaps for all your prayers! The prayers of the saints are my most coveted possession!
Jen

Praise Reports
-Sheria & Merkur got registered in school
-Shpresa is at Bible School
-I am staying!

Prayer Requests
-Teaching English classes & balancing working between 2 schools
-opportunities to share with the English students
-Arbnora's job opportunity
-Apartment
-continued provision to stay
-Learning Albanian!

Comments

Man, Jen, I am so excited for you that God is providing for all of your needs. It is so exciting to hear about all the possibilities in your future. We will continue in prayer for you (with or without pictures!).
Thanks for the great update! Wonderful news on being able to stay. Praying God continues to provide financially and otherwise.
~Rose

Popular Posts