Prayer Request

Hi guys!

Please forgive me for not sending an update sooner.
This next Wednesday I will be speaking at CCBC regarding the internship opportunity in Kosova, so I wanted to write and make sure I got some prayer for that from you...my faithful co-laborers in Christ.
Kosova's new flag! They became an independent country February 8th! I miss everyone in Kosova tremendously and think and pray for them every day. I just read an article in an old issue of Calvary Chapel Magazine and I can totally relate to the comment made by Lindsey Thomson (daughter of EEO founder Jeff Thompson)
“You cannot witness something like this and not have it change you.
When I go back to America, I feel like I am caught between two worlds.
People can’t understand what you have experienced, but you don’t seem to fit
back into the world you left behind.”

Randy & Lycia ended up being in the states unexpectedly this past week so I was able to meet and pray with them last night. Really we have been praying that the Lord would raise up teachers for over a year now. So we are simply trusting that those that God has already called to serve along side up would respond to that call.


As for my current status Lord willing I will be returning in September for a 7 month stay to help facilitate any teachers who may come over as well as to continue teaching in the English schools and serving in the church. I am living in Murrieta doing odd jobs until September. I a mostly babysitting for some friends, continuing with the website work for http://www.carr.com/ and housitting for the Carr's who are currently visiting Kosova! I was blessed to be able to send gifts to my former host family like instant chocolate pudding (yes I got the hooked), taco seasoning, hygene items & measuring cups and spoons. When I was there I was trying to teach them to cook some American items but it was like, "Ok mix one of you black cups of oinion with two orange cups of chicken with two of these tiny spoons of garlic powder...etc" I hope to continue to teach them some recpies when I get back. For those of you remeber praying for them and their land dispute. The judge ruled in their favor however they must pay about $2000 USD in lawer and surveying fees before they actually are in possesion of the deed. Please continue to keep them in prayer.


Randy said last night, "You need to get yourself in a position to be free from anything that would keep you here." I laughed and said, "Well that's good because I have hardly anything left, including a place to live in two weeks." On that note if anyone needs a house-sitter this summer, give me a ring. Also I am selling my car if anyone is interested in an extreamly fuel efficient (34 highway miles per gallon) 2004 Toyota Scion XB. Milage:56000. It has some cosmetic damage from being rear-ended a few years ago but it is minor. I am asking $11,000 obo. If anyone is interested give me a call at 760-331-9441. Also I will need to get a run around car for when that sells so if anyone knows of anything cheap around I would be most obliged for that info as well.




It looks like this year our teachers in Kosova will not make it out for the TEFL (Teaching English as a foreign language) certificate course this year but I am still planning on attending it for the month of July depending on what my car sells for. The course is $2100 with books and fees. Iit is a one month intense course that will give me a certificate to teach English almost anywhere in the world. It will come in very handy while training new teachers as they come in.

So to recap...Prayer Requests:

Wednesday sharing at CCBC

Living & work situation

Car to sell !

Mazreku family and their land fees

Provision for TEFL course and next stay in Kosova

Thank you so much for all yor love and prayers!


Zoti ju Bekofte! (God Bless you!)


Jen

Comments

Popular Posts