"Leaving on a jet plane"


Hey everyone!
Just wanted to let you know that I bought my ticket Monday and I will leaving November 11th. The last thing that has to happen before I go is I have to sell my car. That is my biggest prayer request. I will be bringing it to Car Max this week for a quote on them buying it from me. I am praying for between 8-9000 which would greatly help me stay longer in Kosova.
On another note I was just talking to someone tonight about the importance of prayer and again I want to stress that. I have recently had people say things like "Oh I can't help now but I definitely will end up sending you some money to help you on your mission soon." Sometimes I feel like when people see me coming they see a dollar sign on my forehead or something. I guess that is the paranoia associated with missionaries. Ha! "Hello brother nice to meet you, I am missionary Smith, open you wallet now and give to the KING-dom of the LO-W-ARD" Please PLEASE PLEASE do not mistake me. Please do not feel like you are not supporting me if you are not sending me a check. FALSE!!! As we read tonight in study
"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God" 2 Corinthians 3:5

I am heading back feeling extremely weak in and of myself for the strength needed to serve there but am encouraged that it is a better place to be because God is my sufficiency. What I cherish most from whoever is reading this is your prayers to uphold me as I prepare to leave and once I am there. There is a lot of emotional stuff that happens before you deploy (to borrow a military word) and a lot of attack as well.
As to the guys in the accident I have not heard anything new but will let you know when I do. Also I am still planning on a get together before I leave but will let you know when. Do Sunday evening generally work well for everyone?
Thanks so much for your labor in prayer along with me. I hope that you feel like you walk this road by my side. It is because of your support, prayer and otherwise that I can do what I do weak as I am unto the glory of God.
Zoti ju Bekofte!
Jen

Comments

Popular Posts