Meet Bisere!





Bisere, my sister, my helper, my friend

Bisere (Bee-sare-reh) is the older sister of Hana who attended the Torchbearers Bible School this last year. You may remember Hana's testimony about how her older sister (Bisere) lured her to church services on the promise of chocolate :)  If you haven't read it you can find it here.  Bisere and Hana are the two oldest children in the family that I lived with in 2007.  They basically run the family and Bisere has had much thrown on her shoulders over the years.  Being the oldest she remembers most, from living in the mountains during the war, being regularly beat by opposing family to having to prepare her father for burial when she was only about 11.  When I first met Bisere she would hardly meet your eyes and very rarely smiled.  When she came to the Friday night meeting she would sit herself in the corner and draw her knees up to her face often putting her head down on them for the entire night.  She was always the first to leave.  In the past 3 years I have seen her grow tremendously.  Before I left Kosova in April she was at my side much of the time assisting me with my private English students, attending church regularly as well as my ladies meetings, growing in her English skills and holding down the fort at home while Hana was away at school.  I am so excited that she has decided to attend the sixth month Torchbearers Bible school program and look forward to seeing all that she will grow in and learn under the discipleship and teaching of our wonderful friends in Erseka.  Her tuition for this coming semester has been paid for by a family here in the states but I still need to get together about $100 together to cover her round trip travel and personal expenses while she is in school.  She will need to purchase her ticket within the next two weeks. If any of you would like to help funds may be sent to
Calvary Chapel Murrieta
24225 Monroe Avenue
Murrieta, CA92562
Memo: Jen Mellor-Kosovo

Or you may make a donation via paypal on my site www.jenmellor.blogspot.com

Following is Bisere's testimony...
My life has been a difficult one without Jesus. I was hopeless and I didn’t know about the Lord; all I knew is that He existed, and I have had a really difficult time with my family.
After the war in Kosovo, I was walking on the street and I met two girls from Albania. The first time I heard about Jesus was the time when they shared with me about Him. They were doing kids’ meetings where I went and accepted Jesus there. I was 11 years old when I accepted Jesus and 4 years later I was baptized, and when I received Jesus my life changed. I began praying for my family, so that they might receive Jesus as well. I was the first one to receive Jesus and I told my sisters and all others about Jesus, Whom they accepted and believed that only Jesus is the way to God. Now my family and I always go to church and I am grateful to the Lord for what He has done in my life. This is my testimony.
Bisere Mazreku
Bisere's family when I lived with them 3 years ago


Sisters Bisere, Mejreme and Hana at March's Seder Dinner

Comments

Popular Posts