Wedding Preperations etc.

Some of the wedding decorations as seen at the retreat
when we used them for the couples dinner.


All is going well with the wedding preparations. Thanks for your prayers. The decorations should be all put together by tomorrow and most of the invitations are delivered :o)

Norma couldn't use the oven here at the house so she is going to be baking tomorrow at a bakery here in town. A friend of a friend of Shpetim's is happy to have her and excited to see the Amerikana's cool techniques. Pray for her as she muddles though working with the baker and teaching him some too possibly without a translator. Ha! Pray that he would be witnessed to by the Spirit of God within her despite the language barrier. The people here are so quick to make friends and are so grateful to be taught anything which is a blessing.

Shpetim and Xhemile are having to make had decisions as they pass out the invitations to some and not others. Please pray that the Lord would give them wisdom on who he wants at their wedding and who would be a tool of disruption in the enemy's hand. "As much as possible, live at peace with all men." (what is that scripture reference?)

I had kinda a sweet moment in English class today. I was talking with a student about the importance of learning to read and pronounce English well. It turned into a teachable moment for the whole class because I was able to tell them how I am also learning their language and it is hard for me too. I told them that the same things I am asking them to learn is the same stuff I need to learn too. The boy to my right overhead the conversation and said to the other boys kinda in amazement (in Albanian) "she is in that seat" pointing to a student seat. They were realizing that I was in their shoes and not asking them to do anything that I wasn't going to do myself. Later I spoke to the whole class about the necessity to speak only English in the classroom. Again I shared about how it is scary for me but I try to speak their language as much as I know. " If you don't speak it you don't learn it." I said. It really seemed to hit home with them. It is amazing how far you can get when motivating others by testimony of your own experience. The same goes with encouraging one another or discipline one another. It is better to teach alongside another-to give them a hand up instead of a look down. That is what Jesus did and I hope to model His teaching style as I relate to others here in everyday life of in the English classes. Please pray for me as I seek to operate in the obvious love of Christ.

Thank you for your prayers!

Zoti ju Bekofte!-God bless you!

Jen


Comments

Popular Posts